The Saffir-Simpson Scale is a set scale to determine the strength in a hurricane.
The scale is broken down into to seven different categories, starting with a tropical depressing. It then moves up to a tropical storm and categories 1 to 5.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
Cameras provided by PennDOT