Our Sun is the nearest star to earth.
It is made of a collection of burning gases, 92% of which is hydrogen.
The sun provides heat and light, the main ingredients necessary to sustain most life on planet Earth.
The sun is enormous! It would take 110 Earths strung together to be as long as the diameter of the Sun.
All the planets in our solar system receive light and heat from our sun. However, their distance from the sun determines how much they receive.
- - Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- - Stacey Esterly confronted husband about relationship with Amy Yu
- - Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- - Coroner searching for Judith Myers next of kin
- - Lehigh Valley receives $5 million in state solar energy grants
|Record||84°F March 17, 1945||13°F March 17, 1967|