Our Sun is the nearest star to earth.
It is made of a collection of burning gases, 92% of which is hydrogen.
The sun provides heat and light, the main ingredients necessary to sustain most life on planet Earth.
The sun is enormous! It would take 110 Earths strung together to be as long as the diameter of the Sun.
All the planets in our solar system receive light and heat from our sun. However, their distance from the sun determines how much they receive.
- - Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- - 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- - Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- - Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
|Record||90°F May 25, 1991||33°F May 25, 1956|