"Windy" typically describes stronger sustained winds than "breezy."
At the 69News Weather Center, we will use the word "windy" when average sustained winds exceed 15 miles per hour.
We'll use the term "breezy" when average sustained winds are 10 miles per hour or less.
- - 1 taken to hospital after shooting in Allentown, police say
- - Amateur ham radio club holds field day in Lehigh County
- - Stretch of Limeport Pike to close for bridge replacement project
- - Parkettes training center in Allentown celebrates milestone
- - Easton police arrest Bethlehem man for attempted robbery
- - 2 men killed in Chester County crash
- - Dirt bikes and power drills among items stolen in Bucks County robbery
- - Police seek suspects who allegedly attempted to kidnap 2 juvenile girls in Bucks County
- - Local counties to get $2.5 million in natural gas drilling fees
- - 8 passengers sue after plane's engine failure over Berks
|Record||98°F June 24, 1923||48°F June 24, 2007|