"Windy" typically describes stronger sustained winds than "breezy."
At the 69News Weather Center, we will use the word "windy" when average sustained winds exceed 15 miles per hour.
We'll use the term "breezy" when average sustained winds are 10 miles per hour or less.
- - New entertainment complex planned for Allentown
- - Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- - Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- - Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- - LVPC offers regional industrial development overview