Thunderstorms can occur year-round and at all hours.
However, they are most likely to occur in the spring and summer months, especially from May through August.
The formation of thunderstorms requires warm, moist air, such as the tropical air masses that come from the Gulf of Mexico and move across the United States.
Thunderstorms usually develop at the time of day when the surface air is the warmest, which is generally around 2 to 4 pm.
- - Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees
- - Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts lets the 'sunshine in' with its production of HAIR
- - Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- - Emmaus High School, Adidas sign 4-year contract
- - 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- - Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- - Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- - Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- - Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- - Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
|Record||93°F April 26, 1915||30°F April 26, 2001|