Tornadoes can happen at any time of the year and at any time of the day.
In the southern states, peak tornado season is from March through May.
Peak times for tornadoes in the northern states are during the summer.
A few southern states have a second peak time for tornado outbreaks in the fall.
Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- - After discussion, East Penn school board OK's full-day kindergarten
- - DA: Parkland district, officers handling alleged threats
- - Allentown police seize more than $20,000 in cocaine, heroin
- - Berks man charged in fatal motorcycle crash on Route 222
- - Man demands cigarettes while exposed in Plainfield Township
- - Company president stores hazardous waste, faces charges
- - PHOTOS: Truck's trailer fails to clear railroad overpass
- - Police event makes wish come true for boy battling cancer
- - Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- - Police need public's help to find alleged QNB bank robber
- - 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- - Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- - 58-year-old pizza delivery driver in critical condition
- - Pizza delivery driver shot at East Stroudsburg University
- - Police investigate early-morning shooting at East Stroudsburg University
|Record||63°F December 12, 1931||2°F December 12, 1988|