Tornadoes can happen at any time of the year and at any time of the day.
In the southern states, peak tornado season is from March through May.
Peak times for tornadoes in the northern states are during the summer.
A few southern states have a second peak time for tornado outbreaks in the fall.
Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- - Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- - PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- - Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- - Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
|Record||90°F May 24, 1936||33°F May 24, 1926|