Tornadoes can happen at any time of the year and at any time of the day.
In the southern states, peak tornado season is from March through May.
Peak times for tornadoes in the northern states are during the summer.
A few southern states have a second peak time for tornado outbreaks in the fall.
Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- - Police: Schuylkill County district judge target of threats
- - Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- - Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- - East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians