On May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted.
It's located in southwestern Washington State in the Cascade Range.
The blast was heard as far away as Montana, Idaho, Canada and California.
Fifty-seven people died and the eruption caused $1.2 billion in damage.
- - Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- - Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- - State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- - Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- - Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide