Sunday conditions will begin to deteriorate as Sandy nears the area from the south and a cold front (and trough) pushes in from the west.
The interaction of these to systems will cause some showers to develop and the winds to start increasing on Sunday.
Monday and Tuesday (possibly into Wednesday) is when we're expecting the worst of the wind and rain from this Sandy/hybrid storm.
[mobile: http://tinyurl.com/9otlyp8 ]
As of Friday morning, the National Hurricane Center has Sandy making landfall around 2 a.m. Tuesday just south of Cape May, N.J., but the computer models have the timing varying from Monday afternoon through Tuesday evening and landfall occurring anywhere from Ocean City, MD to Cape Cod.
Where the worst of the rain, wind and beach erosion occurs on the shoreline will be highly dependent on Sandy's track, so please stay tuned to 69 News and the AccuWeather Channel for the very latest information on this developing situation.
Download the Syncbak app for your mobile phone and you'll have continuous coverage even if your power goes out.
- - Thiel announces news conference regarding bid for Allentown mayor
- - Woman, 94, flips car on restaurant parking lot in Bethlehem
- - Lamont McClure to announce bid for Northampton County Executive
- - Judge rejects request to toss endangerment charges in child death case
- - 33 bridges to be replaced or improved in Northampton County
- - Grace Packer's birth mom, family attend memorial service
- - Advocate: Grace Packer tragedy should spur system review
- - Pennsylvania State Department of Human Services investigating Grace Packer's death
- - Honey Brook man dies when truck slams into tree
- - Debate continues over new middle school in Upper Perk
This may cause some temporary disruption of the cameras in this livestream.