Tornadoes are most common in the central part of the United States, known as the Great Plains.
This area is suited to bring all of the ingredients together to forms tornadoes.
More than 500 tornadoes typically occur in this area every year and is why it is commonly known as "Tornado Alley."
- - Freemansburg man attacked elderly fisherman, pushed him into canal, police say
- - Truck driver pleads guilty in deadly 2016 crash on Route 222
- - Lehigh County coroner seeks family of Allentown man
- - Special Olympics athletes, DeSales students compete in soccer games
- - Hockey making an early comeback in Allentown
- - Cosby lawyers argue over Pennsylvania's sex predator law
- - Bill Cosby to be sentenced for 2004 sex assault
- - Boy, 7, killed on SEPTA tracks in Philadelphia
- - Police seek suspect in armed robbery at Perkasie gas station
- - Man with arrest warrant for alleged sexual assault of minors seen in Solebury Township
- - Shawn Christy due in federal court in Ohio
- - Police asking for public's help in investigation into fatal Stroud Township crash
- - East Stroudsburg University partners with tribal nation
- - Shawn Christy's mother speaks out on son's capture
- - Boyfriend facing homicide charge in connection with fatal pedestrian crash
|Record||92°F September 24, 1970||31°F September 24, 1963|