When you think of dangerous weather, normally severe events such as tornadoes and hurricanes or floods come to mind. However, the weather phenomenon that causes the greatest number fatalities on average is actually heat.
Extreme heat pushes our bodies beyond our limits. It is important to take caution by staying hydrated and limiting your time outdoors in extreme heat. It is equally important to familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of things like heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- - Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- - Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- - State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- - Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- - Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide