Clouds are white because the water droplets reflect the sunlight shining from above.
Light is made up of the different colors of the rainbow and when all the colors come together equally, your eyes see the color white.
For example, the sun appears as a yellow color because it sends out more yellow light than any other color.
Clouds reflect all the colors of the rainbow at the same rate, so they look white.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos