Clouds are made up of tiny water droplets or ice crystals, usually a mixture of both.
The water and ice scatter all light, making clouds appear white.
If the clouds becomes thick enough or high enough all the light above does not make it through the cloud, therefore it looks gray or dark.
Also, if there are lots of other clouds around, their shadow can add to the gray or multicolored gray appearance.
- - Resistance is futile: Man wanted for resisting arrest, resists arrest
- - Bethlehem City Council introduces 2018 budget, Airbnb regulations
- - Phillipsburg council tables bond ordinance, looks at options
- - Lehigh County Commissioners receive five-year financial forecasting model
- - Salisbury Township includes tax hike in proposed 2018 budget