The reason there is a "ring" around the moon or sun is because there is excessive moisture in the air between you and the moon or sun.
This "ring" is a good indicator of approaching weather.
No ring may mean dry air, while excessive moisture is often an indication an approaching low-pressure system and precipitation.
- - Plane crashes on golf fairway, splits in half
- - Mysterious cemetery crash leaves woman trapped in car for hours
- - Bucks County Curling Club shows 69 News how it's done
- - Ex-student sues boarding school amid grand jury sex probe
- - Montgomery man accused of breaking infant daughter's ribs, fracturing skull