The reason there is a "ring" around the moon or sun is because there is excessive moisture in the air between you and the moon or sun.
This "ring" is a good indicator of approaching weather.
No ring may mean dry air, while excessive moisture is often an indication an approaching low-pressure system and precipitation.
- - Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- - 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- - Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- - Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
|Record||92°F May 26, 2010||39°F May 26, 1956|