HORSHAM, Pa. - Bimbo Bakeries will be closing its doors in West Hazleton.
Bimbo Bakeries USA announced Friday that it will cease production at its bakery located at 325 Kiwanis Boulevard, West Hazleton in September 2019. The company will shift production to other Bimbo Bakeries USA facilities in the Northeast region.
The Hazleton Bakery produces sliced bread and employs 157 associates.
Consumers and customers will not be impacted as this change will not affect the availability of products.
“Decisions like this are always difficult,” said Bill Bos, Vice President, Region Operations for Bimbo Bakeries USA. “After careful analysis and consideration, we determined it is most efficient to redistribute production to other bakeries in our system to better meet market demand.”
Human resources representatives will meet with impacted associates to discuss severance and other benefits, as well as resources available to assist associates.
“We truly value and respect our dedicated associates at the Hazleton Bakery and will assist them throughout the transition,” said Bos.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Cleaning spill causes LVHN to temporarily close main entrance
- Updated Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police, ATF investigate explosion; Nobody hurt
- Berks Bankruptcy judge approves $5M sale of Reading Eagle to chain
- Lehigh Valley Da Vinci Science Center, city of Easton end negotiations to build new science center
- Freddy Awards Photos: More 2019 Freddy Awards rehearsals
- Lehigh Valley - Da Vinci Science Center, city of Easton end negotiations to build new science center
- Freddy Awards - Photos: More 2019 Freddy Awards rehearsals
- Lehigh Valley - Mom sentenced to prison for child found wandering on Route 22
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown man who shot, killed girlfriend sentenced to 18 to 40 years in state prison
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem's pension fund healthy but unsustainable, city administrator says