PHILADELPHIA - McDonald's customers will soon be able to take their taste-buds on a trip around the world without the need for a passport.
The restaurant chain announced Wednesday that, for a limited time, it will feature some of its worldwide favorites on the menu of participating locations in the United States, including those in southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
"We know our U.S. customers are curious about McDonald's international menu items," said Linda VanGosen, McDonald's vice president of menu innovation. "Because we are always innovating our menu, we are thrilled to leverage our global scale and offer popular flavors from around the world next month."
Beginning June 5, the international items featured on the U.S. menu will be:
- Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger (Spain): A Quarter Pounder topped with Applewood smoked bacon, smoky McBacon Sauce, Gouda cheese and slivered onions, served on a toasted sesame seed bun.
- Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich (Canada): Grilled or crispy chicken topped with tomato and herb sauce, creamy mozzarella cheese, slivered onions, lettuce and Roma tomatoes, served on a toasted artisan roll.
- Cheesy Bacon Fries (Australia): McDonald's fries topped with cheddar cheese sauce and chopped Applewood smoked bacon.
- Stroopwafel McFlurry (The Netherlands): Soft vanilla ice cream mixed with a caramel swirl and pieces of chopped Dutch Daelmans Stroopwafel caramel waffle cookie.
"We are excited to bring our restaurant guests here in the Greater Philadelphia Area on a flavorful journey across the world this summer," said Marcia Graham, president, Phil-Ad-Mac Co-Op. "Worldwide favorites marks our continued commitment to elevating the McDonald's experience through evolving our menu and dining experience."
McDonald's global headquarters restaurant in Chicago already features a rotating selection of international foods on its menu. This, however, will mark the first time the chain will feature worldwide favorites in its restaurants across the U.S.
- Lehigh Valley 2 men found with gunshot wounds in Allentown home
- Lehigh Valley Illick's Mill Road closed in Bethlehem
- Life Lessons Keeping it cool: Entrepreneur merges fashion, technology
- Lehigh Valley Town hall held to discuss proposed 'inclusionary zoning' in Allentown
- Poconos Coal State police search for missing Monroe County woman
- Lehigh Valley - Town hall held to discuss proposed 'inclusionary zoning' in Allentown
- Poconos Coal - State police search for missing Monroe County woman
- Lehigh Valley - Dozens protest proposed Bethlehem protest ordinance
- Lehigh Valley - Parkland School District students win multiple prizes at state science competitions
- Western New Jersey - Phillipsburg Town Council to pursue reducing mayor's salary