The accuracy on medical television shows is occasionally sacrificed to create enough drama to fill 40-something minutes of running time. Ro curated a list of common medical procedures and accuracies TV shows get wrong.
8 things medical TV shows get wrongUpdated
CPR procedures are highly successful or straightforwardUpdated
Defibrillators are frequently used on flatlined patientsUpdated
TV shows few instances of medical paperwork, health insurance issues, or high billsUpdated
Doctors frequent patients’ bedsidesUpdated
Doctors know it all and are Swiss Army knives of care in medicineUpdated
A diagnosis comes fairly quicklyUpdated
There is constant drama and socializingUpdated
Births happen immediately after a person's water breaksUpdated
- Humidity: 67%
- Cloud Coverage: 57%
- Wind: 4 mph
- UV Index: 2 Low
- Sunrise: 07:22:48 AM
- Sunset: 05:00:43 PM
Still cold with sunshine giving way to increasing clouds. Some snow possible towards sunset.
Increasingly windy with snow developing in the evening with a few inches likely before a changeover to rain from south to north. 1-4" for most, a bit more in the Poconos, less towards the I-95 corridor. Temperatures will rise through the 30s overnight.
Cloudy and increasingly windy with a few rain and snow showers in the morning, and a snow shower or two in the afternoon.
- Authorities investigating homicide in Reading
- Bitterly cold tonight and first thing Sunday morning; snow changing to rain Sunday night
- 4 men charged in connection with metal theft at Advantage Electrical Services in Plainfield Twp.
- People get ready for winter weather expected to follow deep freeze
- Warminster Twp. police seeking information about fatal crash
- Home plumbing expert explains how best to protect your pipes from freezing, cracking amid frigid temps
- Wolf Administration asking residents to stay home during anticipated winter storm
- Berks County braces for winter weather ahead of expected storm
- Girl Scout Cookies arrive in the Lehigh Valley
- Ex-Alabama QB Jay Barker charged with domestic violence