(CNN) - Alec Baldwin has filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought by the man he had a dispute with over a parking spot, claiming he didn't hit the alleged victim and has video to prove it.
In a motion filed Tuesday and obtained by CNN, attorneys for Baldwin deny the claims of serious injury by the alleged victim, Wojciech Cieszkowski, and state "the encounter was caught on video."
"The video shows that Baldwin never raises his arm above his shoulder; he doesn't swivel his shoulders to throw a punch; he doesn't cock his arm back," the motion states.
Baldwin "lightly" tapped Cieszkowski on the chest, for which he was prescribed "nothing more than one dose of Tylenol," the motion states.
Baldwin's attorneys argue Cieszkowski is "trying to turn a minor altercation over a parking spot into a multi-billion dollar lottery ticket."
In his complaint filed in March, Cieszkowski said he suffered physical pain and psychological trauma as a result of the dispute. He claims Baldwin "shoved him hard in the chest with both hands" and later "struck" his left jaw.
Cieszkowski, who describes himself as a "hardworking immigrant who runs a small business, lives a quiet life with his family, and enjoys running marathons," also argues that Baldwin defamed him during an appearance on "The Ellen Show" in February 2019.
Baldwin disputes the claims of "slander per se," stating in Tuesday's motion that his comments on "Ellen" were opinion protected under New York law.
Cieszkowski is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Baldwin pleaded guilty in January to a violation of harassment in connection with the dispute. He received a conditional discharge and was required to participate in a short-term anger management program. Under New York law, a violation is not classified as a crime.
CNN has reached out to attorneys for Baldwin and Cieszkowski for additional comment.
Twice declared People magazine's "sexiest man alive," Brad Pitt might be an expert in American ideals of masculinity.Read More »
- Hilaria Baldwin expecting 5th child with Alec Baldwin
- Stephen King fan? Get paid $1,300 to watch his scariest films
- A 'The Princess Bride' remake? Inconceivable!
- Fashion brand sparks outrage over school shooting-themed hoodies
- Effort aims to remove sexist terms from Oxford Dictionaries
- Veteran television newsman Sander Vanocur dies at 91
- Fire chief: 2 people dead after plane crash in Monroe County
- Updated Tower Health, Drexel make joint bid for children's hospital
- Lehigh County DA: Man charged in shooting death of woman in Allentown
- Man charged in sex abuse of 3 girls at daycare in Whitehall
- NTSB: Warning light came on shortly before helicopter collided with building in August
- Updated Louie's Restaurant owner charged with theft
- Folmer resigns after arrest in child porn possession case
- Updated Health Beat: Researchers say food is medicine
- Updated Parents of slain Temple University student sue bar, killer
- Updated Car hits pole on Route 724; medical issue may be to blame