BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The sounds of live music spilling from the North Side of Bethlehem were heard for the final time this summer as Musikfest 2019 ended its 11-day run.
"It has felt really full, it has felt good, people who have come out have been in a great mood, they've talked a lot about the programming," said Kassie Hilgert, president and CEO of ArtsQuest.
The attendance record to beat is 1.2 million, and organizers hope they can hit it, thanks in part to a fairly mild stretch of summer weather.
"Weather is an enormous part of this, any outdoor festival deals with that, so we can flex 300,000 in attendance between a good weather year and a bad weather year," said Hilgert.
It's a complete turnaround from last year's rain and flooding. Sunshine and the lack of scorching temps means more money for vendors.
"It's been a great week, the weather, it's just been really enjoyable hasn't been scorching hot, no rain, except for one day and even that day was great," said Vanessa Peacock, with "Aw Shucks" Roasted Corn.
With a diverse playlist for your pallet, organizers say a more diverse lineup of artists broadens the festival's reach.
"I think what was important for us this year was Chainsmokers, it was our first shot at EDM or electric dance music, that was a huge change for us," Hilgert said.
For Hilgert, it's not so much a festival, but a holiday.
"This is like 11 days of Christmas to me so there's a little melancholy today," she said.
To combat that music melancholy, the lineup for next year is already in the works.
"We already have 20 offers out for next year's Musikfest," Hilgert said.
Quavo jokes about selling Popeye's sandwiches for $1,000 eachJoe Raedle/Getty Images
From waiting in hour-long lines to hitting up multiple restaurants -- people are going to extreme lengths to find a Popeyes chicken sandwich.Read More »
Christina Aguilera celebrates 20th anniversary of her debut albumSteve Jennings/Getty Images
What a girl wants is to celebrate 20 years of making hit songs ...Read More »
'My So-Called Life' debuted 25 years agoHulu via CNN
When my "My So-Called Life" premiered in 1994, Angela Chase (played by a 13-year-old Claire Danes) and her circle of friends made a generation of teens feel not so alone.Read More »
Disney reveals Emma Stone's new look as a punk rock Cruella de VilWalt Disney Studios via CNN
Disney teased fans on Saturday with a sneak peek at Cruella de Vil's new punk rock look -- which left fans a little confused.Read More »
Rocker Eddie Money announces he has esophageal cancerSteve Jennings/Getty Images for iHeartMedia
Eddie Money announced Saturday he has stage 4 esophageal cancer in a preview clip of his reality show "Real Money."Read More »
Jeezy's Weather Channel forecast predicts a high chance of snowBrad Barket/Getty Images for Power 105.1
Atlanta has a new meteorologist, and he's predicting a high chance of snow. In Atlanta. In August.Read More »
Disney debuts trailer for 'Lady and the Tramp' live-action remakeWalt Disney Studios/YouTube via CNN
Break out the pup-corn! Disney just released the first official trailer of its live-action remake of "Lady and the Tramp."Read More »
Kit Harington confirmed for role in Marvel's 'The Eternals'Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images
Kit Harington has been confirmed for a role in Marvel's "The Eternals," bringing the "Game of Thrones" star into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Read More »
- Christina Aguilera celebrates 20th anniversary of her debut album
- 'My So-Called Life' debuted 25 years ago
- Disney reveals Emma Stone's new look as a punk rock Cruella de Vil
- Rocker Eddie Money announces he has esophageal cancer
- Jeezy's Weather Channel forecast predicts a high chance of snow
- Disney debuts trailer for 'Lady and the Tramp' live-action remake
- Kit Harington confirmed for role in Marvel's 'The Eternals'
- 'Black Panther' sequel release date announced
- Barack Obama just tweeted his summer 2019 playlist
- Jonas Brothers concert cuts short, leaving Toronto fans confused
- Lizzie McGuire goes from 13 to 30 in reboot starring Hilary Duff
- 'Ballers' canceled, star Dwayne Johnson pays tribute
- Obi-Wan Kenobi and 'The Mandalorian' bring the Force to Disney+
- Yes, there's a socialism-themed Monopoly game
- Lara Spencer apologizes for criticizing Prince George's ballet lessons
- Former federal prosecutor to investigate Jussie Smollett case
- Lehigh Valley - 10-year-old struck by bullet at Coca Cola Park honored by Allentown Police
- Pennsylvania - Man charged in hazing death gets 2 years probation
- Berks - Shooting in Reading sends one man to hospital
- Lehigh Valley - Community cleans up Allentown elementary school ahead of new school year
- Berks - Fire crews respond to structure fire in Robesonia