HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is expanding the stay-at-home order to Lehigh and Northampton counties to try to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
The order went into effect at 8 p.m. Wednesday and will continue until April 6, Wolf said Wednesday.
The order means residents are not to leave their homes except for tasks required for health and safety, or for work at a life-sustaining business, authorities said.
Outdoor activity is also allowed, as long as social distancing guidelines are followed. The full list of what you can do is below.
Grocery stores and pharmacies, as well as other life-sustaining businesses, will remain open to the public.
Other operations exempt from the order include health care service providers, food banks, news media, law enforcement, the federal government and religious institutions.
Here's the full list of permissible activities under the order:
- Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, or the health and safety of their family or household members (including pets), such as obtaining medicine or medical supplies, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home.
- Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves, for their family or household members, or as part of volunteer efforts, or to deliver those services or supplies to others to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences
- Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running if they maintain social distancing
- To perform work providing essential products and services at a life-sustaining business
- To care for a family member or pet in another household
- Any travel related to the provision of or access to the above-mentioned individual activities or life-sustaining business activities
- Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons
- Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services
- Travel to return to a place of residence from an outside jurisdiction
- Travel required by law enforcement or court order.
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the commonwealth
The stay-at-home order is already in effect, as of Monday night, in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Monroe and Allegheny counties. It was expanded to include Erie County on Tuesday.