PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Vince Velasquez threw six sharp innings, J.T. Realmuto hit a two-run homer and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3. Velasquez allowed one run and four hits, striking out six in his longest outing this season. Hector Neris struck out Lorenzo Cain with the bases loaded in the ninth to preserve the win. Brewers starter Adrian Houser gave up four runs - two earned - and four hits in six innings. Cain blasted a solo homer onto the concourse behind the left-center field stands to give the Brewers a 1-0 lead in the first in his first at-bat off the injury list. But NL Central-leading Milwaukee couldn’t do anything else off Velasquez until Philadelphia went to the bullpen.
Lehigh Valley News
- Doctors across U.S. reporting spike in cancer diagnoses
- IRS facing delays as it processes tax returns, distributes tax refunds
- Pa. state police troopers help install, check child car seats in Upper Macungie Twp.
- Catasauqua man ordered held without bail on more than a dozen child sex offenses
- Robert Durst murder trial resumes after 14-month hiatus
- Weapons seized following two separate incidents in Allentown over the weekend
- Man who returned fire during shooting outside nightclub in Allentown receives state prison sentence
- Moravian College gets state OK to become Moravian University
- Authorities: Montgomery County man sexually assaulted teen in Lehigh Valley hotel
- Hundreds gather in Allentown to call for end of violence in Gaza
Berks Area News
- Diverging diamond interchange in Ephrata Twp. expected to improve safety
- Woman shot while sleeping, Reading Police looking for answers
- Man accused of stealing Reading FD ambulance, later crashing it in Lancaster Co.
- Ribbon cutting held for Berks County little library
- Berks County voters will answer 4 statewide questions on Tuesday
- Pa. gathering limits eased: What does it mean for private businesses?
- Masks must still be worn at all Tower Health facilities
- Residents find honeybee swarms across Berks County
- Crashing car narrowly misses going into Berks County pub
- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary hosts native plant sale