READING, Pa. — A house fire in Reading claimed a third victim. The Berks County coroner reported Saturday that one of the children being treated at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia has died.

The child was rushed to the hospital for treatment of injuries suffered in a house fire in the 900 block of Muhlenberg Street on Thursday.

Authorities did not comment on the child's age, although fire officials had said Friday that a 2-year-old was still hospitalized in critical condition.

Officials had said there were five victims, three of whom were injured critically. A woman and her son died of their injuries on Thursday.

Catherine Dingle, 32, died of a combination of second- and third-degree burns over 86% of her body and smoke inhalation, officials said; a 9-year-old boy died of thermal burns and smoke inhalation.

Officials said the fire likely started because of combustible items in or around a microwave. 

A GoFundMe page has been arranged to help the family of the victims offset any expenses.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links, images, GIFs, inappropriate language, or memes may be removed by the moderator. Job listings and similar posts are likely automated SPAM messages from Facebook and are not placed by WFMZ-TV.
Comments disabled.