LOWER ALSACE TWP, Pa. - A man may have saved a laundromat from major damage after a fire broke out inside of a dryer.

The call came in around 2:30 a.m. Saturday for a fire at Jake's Coin Laundry at 747 Carsonia Avenue in Lower Alsace Township.

The Lower Alsace fire marshal said two people were inside the 24-hour laundromat when items inside a dryer ignited. A man doing laundry reached into the dryer to pull out the flaming items with his bare hands before dousing them in water. The fire was isolated to the dryer.

The fire marshal said it is not advised that anyone take such action, but in this case, the man likely saved the building and the equipment from suffering more damage. 

Officials said the man suffered "very minor" burns.

The fire has been ruled accidental.