House fire on Second Street in Shillington

SHILLINGTON, Pa. - Three people, including an infant, were rushed to the hospital after suffering smoke inhalation in a fire in Berks County early Friday morning, according to fire officials.

Firefighters got the call shortly after 6 a.m. for the report of a house on fire in the 100 block of Second Street in Shillington. Officials on the scene quickly struck a second alarm for extra manpower.

Three people -- two adults and the infant -- were inside the home at the time. Fire officials said they managed to make it down the stairs but couldn't see the door to get out of the home, so firefighters led them to safety.

All three victims were transported by ambulance to Reading Hospital, officials said.

A Pennsylvania State Police fire marshal is now working to find the cause of the fire, which appears to have started in the home's basement, according to fire officials.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links, images, GIFs, inappropriate language, or memes may be removed by the moderator. Job listings and similar posts are likely automated SPAM messages from Facebook and are not placed by WFMZ-TV.