Northampton County has awarded grants that will go toward playground improvements and a park rehabilitation, among other landscape projects.
Northampton County Council approved 11 grants totaling $602,040 in Livable Landscapes Grants under the Northampton County Open Space Initiative, according to a county news release. The grants were approved at council's Nov. 21 meeting.
Some of the projects helped by the grants include:
- Bangor: Over $9,000 for Memorial Park Playground Improvements
- Hellertown: over $42,000 for the Dimmick Park Stair Replacement and Swale Greening
- North Catasauqua - $7,500.00 for a Trail Connectivity Plan Borough of North Catasauqua and $8,000.00 for the William J. Albert Memorial Park Shade Structures
- Pen Argyl - $75,000.00 for the Weonna Park Concession Stands’ Improvements
- Wind Gap - $79,303.00 for the Wind Gap Park Trail Project
- Bushkill Stream Conservancy - $50,000.00 for the Bushkill Creek Restoration & Habitat Enhancement
- Bushkill Township - $38,635.51 for the Albert Ponds Park Development
- Lower Nazareth Township - $150,000.00 for the Newburg community Park Walking Trail and Bathroom
- Palmer Township - $106,570.00 for the Riverview Park Rehabilitation Project
- Plainfield Township - $34,797.50 for the Municipal Building Park Pavilion Project