BETHLEHEM, Pa. | A man is in custody after police say he attacked an elderly woman and kidnapped her, all because she cashed out some winnings at Wind Creek Casino.

The search for the suspect put some Bethlehem schools on high alert for a short time and in the end, police say all he got was $10.

Bethlehem police charged 38-year-old Hykeem Sessoms, of Bethlehem, with single felony counts of kidnapping and robbery along with misdemeanor counts of simple assault, theft, terroristic threats and receiving stolen property.

An elderly woman was assaulted as she tried to get into her vehicle in the Wind Creek Casino parking lot, police said.

The woman said Sessoms approached her from behind and demanded her money, according to court records. The woman said Sessoms kicked her in the shin and forced her into her vehicle, according to court documents.

The woman said Sessoms told the woman he was armed and ordered her to drive him away from the casino, police said. Sessoms repeatedly hit the woman in the head with his fist and demanded her money while he was forcing her to drive, according to court documents.

Sessoms forced her to drive from the Wind Creek Casino to Easton Avenue and Jennings Street, where she was robbed, city Police Chief Mark DiLuzio said.

The man then ran away from the vehicle, police said. Officers found and arrested Sessoms a short time later.

The woman was treated at St. Luke's Anderson campus for a minor leg injury, DiLuzio said.

The woman said Sessoms went through her purse and wallet, where she had about $10, court records said.

The casino's investigations manager provided surveillance video showing the suspect following the woman out of the casino and to her vehicle, according to court documents. The woman's vehicle is seen on surveillance video leaving the casino parking garage a few moments later, court documents said.

Several local schools were on a brief lock-in "out of a preponderance of caution" as police searched for Sessoms, police said.

Police believe there is no threat to the public. DiLuzio said there was no threat to schools at any time.