N. COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - A man is dead after an oxygen generator caught on fire in North Coventry Twp., Chester County.  

It happened early Friday at a home on Mt. Zion Avenue. Firefighters were called to the home just before 8:15 a.m. for a person who was injured by fire from an medical oxygen generator.

North Coventry Twp. oxygen tank fatal fire

First responders attempted to perform CPR to the male victim.

A release from police says the man was attempting to light a cigarette while wearing a nasal cannula for oxygen, causing an oxygen induced flame. 

The man was taken to Pottstown Hospital Tower Health where he died. 

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate or offensive posts may be removed by the moderator. Posts containing offsite links, images, GIFs, inappropriate language or memes are automatically removed, to the best of its ability, by a pre-programmed algorithm. Job listings and similar posts are likely automated SPAM messages from Facebook and are not placed by WFMZ-TV.