ROBESONIA, Pa. - A fire heavily damaged a home in western Berks County on Saturday.
Firefighters responded around 6:45 p.m. to the 200 block of East Penn Avenue in Robesonia.
The resident was able to get out, but hoarding conditions hampered firefighters' efforts to put out the blaze, authorities said.
The fire was contained to the first floor and appears to have started in the kitchen, but smoke and heat damaged the second floor as well, officials said.
The fire has preliminary been ruled an accident, but authorities have not said what sparked it.
The resident is staying with friends until the home can be renovated, officials said.
The state attorney general's office said Sen. Mike Folmer was arrested and charged Tuesday night.Read More »
- Gov. Wolf calls for Folmer to resign immediately from Senate
- Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices
- Free naloxone kits being distributed in Berks on Wednesday
- Fire station fireworks at Cumru commissioners meeting
- Mifflin Park Elementary School innovation class creates buzz
- South Heidelberg playground undergoes major makeover
- Updated Amber Alert issued for girl missing from playground in NJ
- Updated Pennsylvania lawmaker facing child porn possession charges
- Man allegedly commits sexual assault at Whitehall Twp. daycare
- Updated Gov. Wolf calls for Folmer to resign immediately from Senate
- New Palmer Township street closed due to wires down
- Police: Couple in stolen truck siphoned gas from rentals
- State police might handle overnight coverage in Fountain Hill
- Potential downtown development causes tension in Bethlehem
- Phillipsburg Town Council advances rent control ordinance
- Updated Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices