ONTELAUNEE TWP., Pa. - Sheetz and Wawa convenience stores in Berks County are about to face increased competition from another Pennsylvania-based company.
The second Rutter's store and gas station in Berks is taking shape on Route 61 at New Enterprise Drive in Ontelaunee Township, south of Leesport.
At 10,257 square feet, the store will be nearly 25% larger than the only other Rutter's in Berks County. It will feature one of the York-based company's largest restaurants, with indoor and outdoor seating and a walk-in "beer cave," according to its builders, Kinsley Construction Inc.
The store will also include 16 fueling stations and five dedicated high-speed truck diesel bays.
Construction is expected to be completed around Labor Day, allowing the store to open about three years after Rutter's opened its first Berks store on Route 61 in Hamburg, about nine miles north of the Ontelaunee location.
Rutter's is also planning a third store on Route 222 at Long Lane in Maxatawny Township, north of Kutztown, where the Sittler Golf Center is currently operating. Sittler's will close at the end of this season and operate solely out of its new home near Sinking Spring.
By comparison, Sheetz has nine stores in Berks County and Wawa has 10, with the 11th Wawa now under construction at Penn Avenue and North Park Road in Wyomissing.
Reading police have identified the victim of Tuesday's fatal shooting in the 100 block of South Third Street.Read More »
- Neighbors speak out after man is shot and killed in Reading apartment
- Fightins, Sea Dogs final game cancelled in the fifth inning
- Royals unveil sleek new purple sweaters for 2019-20
- More details emerge about fundraiser for boy shot in Reading
- USPS holds job fair to fill vacancies, showcase careers
- After spin-off from Novartis, Alcon reports 2nd quarter loss
- Young heart disease survivor to lead Lehigh Valley Heart Walk
- Senator Casey reads from Mueller Report, supports Biden in Bethlehem Township
- Police: Man burned with acid in Stroudsburg
- Pottstown police have stepped up patrols, community involvement in response to shootings
- Boy makes his birthday about someone else by donating tent to homeless man
- Reading man fatally shot inside city apartment building
- Easton couple says the proof is in the pudding
- Estimate rises to revamp South Whitehall headquarters
- Pottstown Borough Council, neighbors discuss future of Ricketts Center
- LVPC looks to the future with FutureLV