WYOMISSING, Pa. - A crash involving an overturned tractor-trailer closed a stretch of the Warren Street Bypass in Wyomissing for nearly five hours on Thursday.
The crash was reported shortly after 11:30 a.m. on the northbound ramp of Route 222 over the bypass, in front of the Inn at Reading.
The truck rolled onto its right side as it traveled the ramp's curve toward Broadcasting Road. The top third of its trailer came to rest on the concrete guide-rail.
Initial reports from the scene were that the driver was trapped in the cab, but he was reportedly able to get out on his own without injury.
The northbound ramp was closed to traffic, as were the eastbound and westbound lanes of the Warren Street Bypass (Route 12) between the Crossing Drive interchange and the ramp to the eastbound West Shore Bypass (Route 422) until crews could upright and removing the truck, which was reportedly hauling a load of lead pigs.
Police told 69 News that they believe speed and/or a shifting load contributed to the crash.
At least two other crashes happened in the backup of traffic that resulted from the initial accident, police said.
The state attorney general's office said Sen. Mike Folmer was arrested and charged Tuesday night.Read More »
- Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices
- Free naloxone kits being distributed in Berks on Wednesday
- Fire station fireworks at Cumru commissioners meeting
- Mifflin Park Elementary School innovation class creates buzz
- South Heidelberg playground undergoes major makeover
- Ex-treasurer charged in theft enters rehabilitative program
- Updated Amber Alert issued for girl missing from playground in NJ
- Updated Pennsylvania lawmaker facing child porn possession charges
- Updated Man allegedly commits sexual assault at Whitehall Twp. daycare
- New Palmer Township street closed due to wires down
- Police: Couple in stolen truck siphoned gas from rentals
- State police might handle overnight coverage in Fountain Hill
- Potential downtown development causes tension in Bethlehem
- Phillipsburg Town Council advances rent control ordinance
- Updated Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices
- Updated Free naloxone kits being distributed in Berks on Wednesday