Lehigh Valley

Family displaced by house fire in Emmaus

EMMAUS, Pa. - The Red Cross is helping a family displaced by a house fire in Emmaus.

The fire broke out around 10:45 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Second Street.

At one point, a firefighter mayday was called due to a breathing apparatus problem, but he was able to leave the building on his own and was checked out as a precaution, the fire chief said.

The fire appears to have been accidental, fire officials said.

No other injuries were reported.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links, images, inappropriate language, or memes may be removed by the moderator.  Job listings and similar posts are likely automated SPAM messages from Facebook and are not placed by WFMZ-TV.

This Week's Circulars

Lehigh Valley News

Latest From The Newsroom