HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - Rescuers freed a pair of draft horses from a frozen lake in Monroe County Saturday.
The horses, Wilhelm and Gunther, fell through the ice early Saturday morning at Pine Grove Lake near Quiet Valley Road in Hamilton Township.
Crews worked for hours to rescue them from the frozen water, cutting an ice channel, which allowed them to swim to shore.
The horses were warmed up and returned to their owner at the nearby Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm.
A social media post from the farm says the horses were "looking forward to to a quiet night in the barn."
Northampton High School's principal is chalking it up to a production mistake.Read More »
- Website helps teachers get school supplies for students
- City Center Allentown fighting back after spotted lanternflies swarm downtown buildings
- LVHN closer to final approval for new Lower Nazareth campus
- Southern Lehigh HS Spartans will not have homefield advantage as school tackles turf issues
- Man allegedly ties victim to chair, sexually assaults her
- Notre Dame Green Pond considers other names for stadium
- Firefighters went in to burning home with no protective gear to save man in Berks
- Police: Man wearing hard hat, respirator robs bank in Oley
- Allegiant to establish aircraft base at LVIA, creating 66+ new jobs
- Updated Hackettstown police: McDonald's customer paid with dollar bill that had been lit on fire
- Music video, documentary to focus on 'Scrapple' and its cultural impact
- Updated Spelling error has students waiting a little longer for their Northampton High School yearbook
- Updated Youth center helps nearly 200 Phillipsburg students get back to school supplies
- Updated Website helps teachers get school supplies for students
- Updated City Center Allentown fighting back after spotted lanternflies swarm downtown buildings
- As school year approaches, officials reminding drivers of school bus rules, regulations