LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. - A head-on collision in Caernarvon Township, Lancaster County, on Saturday has led to the hospitalization of two drivers.
According a Pennsylvania State Police report, Walker Michels, 22, of Downingtown was traveling at a high rate of speed on Route 322 eastbound and passing vehicles prior to the crash.
In the 6200 block of Division Highway, Michels reportedly failed to negotiate a right-hand curve and traveled into westbound traffic.
Police say that Michels then struck a car driven by Robert McConaghy, 19, of Narvon head on.
Both occupants were extricated from their vehicles and were taken to Lancaster General Hospital for treatment. The police report stated that both occupants were listed as stable but in serious condition.
The incident is under investigation.
After an Independence Day on which some said parts of Reading "looked like a war zone," a lawmaker who represents the city is pushing for change.Read More »
- Prosecutors stake opposite positions in death penalty appeal
- Lt. gov. calls on Reading mayor to change view on pride flag
- Pa. Turnpike approves 6% toll increase for 2020
- Wolf gets firsthand look at fight against spotted lanternfly
- Suspended NJ sheriff's deputy indicted on federal child porn charges
- Track and Trace initiative seeks to reduce gun crimes
- People find ways to cool off as stretch of hot, humid weather begins
- Chemical powder used in dye prompted Hazmat situation, evacuations in Allentown
- Blue Marsh Lake visitors warned to watch for harmful algae
- Effort to bring a lake back to life in Northampton County picking up steam
- Animal Rescue League enacts 'Code Red' for pets in Reading
- Extra pool time, free water offer relief from extreme heat
- Woman honored for being employed by the Allen Organ company for 60 years
- South Whitehall Township Commissioners support storage facility sketch plan
- Emotions flare at Allentown City Council meeting
- Fire damages nail salon in Reading