More people are reporting child abuse and neglect than ever before.
A snapshot of Pennsylvania's child welfare system has revealed abuse reports climbed dramatically the last few years.
Between 2017 and 2019 reports of abuse across the state increased by 76 percent.
That's the highest recorded to date.
Experts attribute it to changes in law and one of the biggest child sex abuse scandals ever.
WFMZ's Jamie Stover has the full story in the video above.
The state attorney general's office said Sen. Mike Folmer was arrested and charged Tuesday night.Read More »
- PennDOT: Roundabouts reduce injuries, crashes
- Policy changes limit crowd sizes in Capitol Rotunda rallies
- Pennsylvanians now have option to apply online for absentee ballots
- Health officials: York measles case may have exposed residents
- Penn State board approves pay hike for university president
- Pa. Game Commission proposes plan to manage chronic wasting disease
- AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR MISSING NJ GIRL
- Pennsylvania lawmaker facing child porn possession charges
- Prosecutors say Northampton County man dropped explosive devices from drone
- Mifflin Park Elementary School innovation class creates buzz
- Northampton Community College getting national attention for efforts to go green
- State police might handle overnight coverage in Fountain Hill
- Bethlehem City Council hears zoning change request
- Phillipsburg Town Council advances rent control ordinance
- Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices
- Naloxone kits being distributed Wednesday