LANCASTER, Pa. - Two people are dead and a third is in critical condition after a stabbing in Lancaster.
The stabbing was reported Thursday night in the 500 block of High Street. Police say the suspect, James Michael Sterbinsky, 56, was taken into custody. He is facing two homicide charges.
Police say Sterbinsky fatally stabbed Christine Ross, 53, and Autumn Ross, 20, multiple times inside an apartment, according to court records.
Sterbinsky also faces an attempted homicide charge. Court records say he stabbed Christopher Jacyszyn, 33, in the lower back, causing him to have a punctured lung.
Investigators say there were also two children inside the home, but they were not hurt.
The department relies on donations to fill 28 spots at its stable in Hershey, state police said in a news release.Read More »
- $50K in Pa. state funding to go towards vaccines, outreach amid hepatitis A outbreak
- New program aims to help improve research into wildlife diseases
- Fall fun: Corn Cob Acres set for start of 10th season
- Child found on the side of roadway in Delaware County
- Gov. Wolf signs executive order aimed at addressing gun violence
- Dorney's owner planning 'giga coaster' at theme park in Ohio
- Updated Coroner called to scene of reported shooting in Reading
- Firefighters went in to burning home with no protective gear to save man in Berks
- City Center Allentown fighting back after spotted lanternflies swarm downtown buildings
- Police: Man wearing hard hat, respirator robs bank in Oley
- Hackettstown police: McDonald's customer paid with dollar bill that had been lit on fire
- Website helps teachers get school supplies for students
- Allegiant Air to establish hub at LVIA, will hire pilots, flight mechanics and other employees
- Updated Cumru Township Commissioners name new vice president
- Spring Twp. police investigating after thefts from unlocked cars
- Spelling error has students waiting a little longer for their Northampton High School yearbook