WEST BRUNSWICK TWP., Pa. - A Pottsville man was killed Monday after an accident involving a motorcycle and truck in Schuylkill County.
Gary Purcell, 61, who had been riding the motorcycle, was pronounced dead at the scene by the county coroner, state police said in a news release.
The crash happened shortly after 3 p.m. on the 1100 block of Centre Turnpike in West Brunswick Township.
A truck merged from the east shoulder onto Route 61 north of Cinema Drive, state police said. The motorcycle had been traveling north on Route 61.
The truck tried to make a U-turn at Centre Turnpike. The motorcycle tried to swerve around the truck but ended up hitting and becoming lodged under it, state police said.
Police say during a training session Sunday a member of the Rockwell Tactical Group was shot in the neck with a real bullet by a real gun.Read More »
- Coroner: Passenger killed in crash in Penn Forest Township
- Driving tour of state game land in Berks set for October
- Construction workers find fatal crash scene off I-80 in Kidder Township
- Man accidentally shot in neck at gun-training facility, police say
- Dirt bike rider sought for driving erratically in Hazleton, motorcycle confiscated
- Tour at 4: Pocono Mountains
- Updated Crash closes stretch of I-78 West at Berks, Lehigh border
- Updated Coroner: Boyertown grad died of injuries suffered in fall
- Lehigh University student with loaded handgun and knife taken into custody, bulletin says
- Updated Police: Man hit infant with baby bottle, causing serious injuries
- Updated Flemington man pleads guilty in sex assault of a child
- Mom BFFs may also benefit baby, study says
- Traffic study stalls proposed South Whitehall development
- Updated Efforts to save Epler School continue at community meeting
- Bethlehem Township commissioners review plans for school projects
- People sound off after photo shows small plane flying under bridge in Bucks County