LEHIGHTON, Pa. - The man who lost his life at Beltzville State Park Sunday has been identified.
Xin Huang, 29, of Philadelphia, died of accidental drowning, according to the Carbon County coroner.
69 News reported earlier Huang was 30 years old, but the coroner tells us he wouldn't have turned 30 until next week.
Park Manager Alma Holmes said Huang swam out to a child on a float when he went under shortly before 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Bystanders immediately began to look for the man but couldn't find him.
Divers eventually located his body around 3:30 p.m.
- Berks DA: Doctor over-prescribed opioid pills to patients
- Homicide charge dropped against man accused in fatal shooting of friend
- Authorities find drugs, guns after searching house in Monroe County
- Fire destroys home in Polk Township
- Man charged after traffic stop turns into drug bust in Carbon County
- Car crashes into woods off Route 309 in Schuylkill County
- Allentown police arrest man allegedly in possession of stolen gun
- New Jersey man arrested in Lehigh County with potentially deadly drugs
- The beat goes on at Lehigh Valley Heart Walk
- Missing Allentown boy with autism found by his former teacher
- Pair of stolen goats found and returned to owners
- Fiddle fans pack Lyon's community park for a day filled with music
- Six-vehicle crash ties up traffic on the turnpike
- 'All Aboard!': Colebrookdale Railroad celebrates 150 years
- Health officials say York County measles case may have exposed residents
- Lopatcong Emergency Squad to disband