POLK TWP., Pa. - An early-morning fire destroyed a home in Monroe County.
Flames tore through the home in the 4800 block of Queens Way in Polk Township around 2:40 a.m. Wednesday, according to emergency dispatchers.
No injuries were reported, but the home was completely charred.
The popular Lower Hornbecks Creek trail in the Poconos reopened to the public Tuesday after being closed for two years.Read More »
- Monroe County Hospice House now open and accepting patients
- Man killed in head-on crash in Schuylkill County
- Person in stable condition after being accidentally shot at training facility, police say
- Coroner: Passenger killed in crash in Penn Forest Township
- Driving tour of state game land in Berks set for October
- Construction workers find fatal crash scene off I-80 in Kidder Township
- AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR MISSING NJ GIRL
- Pennsylvania lawmaker facing child porn possession charges
- Prosecutors say Northampton County man dropped explosive devices from drone
- Mifflin Park Elementary School innovation class creates buzz
- Northampton Community College getting national attention for efforts to go green
- Updated Police: Couple in stolen truck siphoned gas from rentals
- State police might handle overnight coverage in Fountain Hill
- Updated Potential downtown development causes tension in Bethlehem
- Phillipsburg Town Council advances rent control ordinance
- Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices