CHESTNUTHILL TWP., Pa. - Four people were injured after a shooting in Monroe County Saturday night.
A man is facing attempted homicide charges in the shooting reported just after 8 p.m. Saturday night in the 800 block of Toll Road in Chestnuthill Township.
Thomas Modzel pointed a 12-gauge shotgun at the four victims and fired multiple rounds at them, according to state police.
Modzel fired from his porch at the four people, one of which was his stepson, standing on the road, according to court paperwork.
The four victims were taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital - Pocono for treatment of gunshot wounds.
The victims were in stable condition, police said.
Crews at the scene also reported that the victims were believed to have been hit with birdshot.
Modzel was charged with criminal attempt homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and simple assault.
- Berks DA: Doctor over-prescribed opioid pills to patients
- Homicide charge dropped against man accused in fatal shooting of friend
- Authorities find drugs, guns after searching house in Monroe County
- Fire destroys home in Polk Township
- Man charged after traffic stop turns into drug bust in Carbon County
- Car crashes into woods off Route 309 in Schuylkill County
- Missing Allentown boy with autism found by his former teacher
- Dirt bike rider sought for driving erratically in Hazleton, motorcycle confiscated
- Lopatcong Emergency Squad to disband
- History's Headlines: Skyjack of 1972
- Some showers and t-storms Saturday make Sunday the better and brighter weekend day
- Members of the 69 News team race for charity during NHRA weekend at Maple Grove
- Route 422 ramp in Berks finally open ahead of busy weekend
- Police: eagle statue on Allentown monument leaning downward, but is tied down securely
- Health officials growing concerned about vaping as hospitals see more patients with lung conditions
- Expert explains where Friday the 13 superstition may come from