BUTLER TWP., Pa. - Homicide charges have been dropped against a Schuylkill County man accused of shooting and killing his friend while showing him a shotgun.
Michael Grady, 36, is now facing just one count of involuntary manslaughter and three counts of reckless endangerment in the fatal shooting of 25-year-old Steven Molina.
Charges of criminal homicide and aggravated assault were withdrawn at Grady's preliminary hearing Wednesday, according to online court documents.
Around 4:30 a.m. on August 26, Grady was showing his shotgun to Molina at a home in Butler Township when the gun went off and hit Molina in the neck, police said.
The fatal shooting happened during what was described as an all-night party, authorities said.
Grady had been in Schuylkill County Prison without bail, but with the new charges, the judge set bail at $100,000. Grady is out on bond until his next court hearing.
The popular Lower Hornbecks Creek trail in the Poconos reopened to the public Tuesday after being closed for two years.Read More »
- Monroe County Hospice House now open and accepting patients
- Man killed in head-on crash in Schuylkill County
- Person in stable condition after being accidentally shot at training facility, police say
- Coroner: Passenger killed in crash in Penn Forest Township
- Driving tour of state game land in Berks set for October
- Construction workers find fatal crash scene off I-80 in Kidder Township
- AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR MISSING NJ GIRL
- Pennsylvania lawmaker facing child porn possession charges
- Prosecutors say Northampton County man dropped explosive devices from drone
- Mifflin Park Elementary School innovation class creates buzz
- Northampton Community College getting national attention for efforts to go green
- Updated Police: Couple in stolen truck siphoned gas from rentals
- State police might handle overnight coverage in Fountain Hill
- Bethlehem City Council hears zoning change request
- Phillipsburg Town Council advances rent control ordinance
- Attack on Saudi oil plant could lead to rise in gas prices