PENN FOREST TWP., Pa. - A Carbon County man is facing charges after police found heroin and other drugs in his car.
Mitchell Peters, 22, was stopped for a traffic violation Sunday night on Old Stage Road in Penn Forest Township, state police said in a news release.
During the stop, Peters and a passenger in the vehicle admitted they had marijuana, police said.
A search of the vehicle yielded 188 baggies of heroin, 49 Percocet tablets, a small amount of marijuana, a digital scale and about 2 grams of meth, authorities said.
Peters was arrested and charged with two counts of possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and related offenses.
He's being held in Carbon County prison on $250,000 bail.
Erin Hanford was struggling to accept being dependent on her ostomy bag, which is a prosthetic device that helps collect bodily wastes.Read More »
- Lehigh Tunnel to have single-lane patterns at night for 4 days next week
- ESU student from Bethlehem honored for performing Heimlich Maneuver on park services employee
- Man, 27, dies after car hits 3 trees
- Coroner identifies 2 men killed in Monroe County plane crash
- Tamaqua police: Woman stabbed man in self-defense
- Federal investigators recover plane, will examine it to determine cause of crash that killed 2
- Updated Tower Health, Drexel win bid to acquire children's hospital
- Updated Coroner identifies 2 men killed in Monroe County plane crash
- Officers arrest 18 in operation involving helicopter in Allentown
- Passenger ejected from sports car in Route 22 crash still in critical condition
- Updated International Parking Day celebrated with food drive in Allentown
- Updated Local nurse uses support group to help those who have needed ostomy surgery
- Updated People rally in Bethlehem and Allentown as part of worldwide climate change protests
- Season's historic apples almost history at Hopewell Furnace
- 12th annual Boyertown Oktoberfest celebration underway
- Exhibit featuring costumes worn by movie legends to open in Allentown Art Museum