SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - A Monroe County man was charged with 200 counts of possessing child pornography, the county district attorney's office said.
Jason Griffin Jones, 34, of Smithfield Township, was arrested Wednesday morning.
Detectives from the DA office's Criminal Investigations Division found a computer on an online peer-to-peer file sharing network that was downloading files of child pornography.
Investigators traced the computer back to Jones' residence on Route 447 just outside of East Stroudsburg, the DA's office said.
Officers raided Jones' home Wednesday morning. The DA's office said the officers found more than 68,000 images and videos of child pornography.
Jones was arraigned and sent to the Monroe County Correctional Facility on $50,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is tentatively scheduled for August 28.
- Mohegan Tribe holding governing council elections
- 15 performers to take to the sky in first-ever airshow at Pocono Raceway
- 10-year-old boy riding bicycle hurt after being hit by pickup truck in Schuylkill County
- Sunrise Chef: B-Lux Grill & Bar at Kalahari Resorts
- Tree crashes through roof of house in Monroe County
- Man burned in apparent meth-making incident in Stroudsburg, police said
- Truck and SUV collide in Lehigh Township
- Multiple-vehicle crash in Upper Macungie sends eight to hospital
- Fire breaks out at a Texas Roadhouse in Berks County
- Water main break leads to boil water advisory in Birdsboro
- 10-year-old struck by bullet at Coca Cola Park honored by Allentown Police
- Man charged in hazing death gets 2 years probation
- Shooting in Reading sends one man to hospital
- Community cleans up Allentown elementary school ahead of new school year
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Robesonia
- Teen, 14, critical after being shot at schoolyard