TELFORD, Pa. - What do pups and pints have in common? A lot more than you may think, at least at one Bucks County business.
The business was started by a rescue dog. Kim Triol and her partner Patrina just liked to brew beer at home, until one of their dogs got into a tub of mash.
"This is Tiki the creator of our company. The CEO. Our chief eating officer. He is the one that actually climbed up on the picnic table and stole our beer grains while we were brewing a batch of beer," Kim said.
And thus Brewscuits was born: A dog treat company that recycles the oates, barley, and rye used to brew beer.
"Those grains are actually really good for dogs instead of cornmeal soy and wheat that they can't digest," Kim said.
After six years in business the operation has moved from their basement to a storefront in Telford.
The business has an emphasis on supporting local businesses and sustainability.
"Every single product that goes in your biscuit is a locally sourced product as well," Kim said.
"We work with 15 different breweries and get grains from different ones at this point."
Although Tiki passed away only a week ago, his legacy will live on.
"Every single day I get up and I love what I do," Kim said.
Berks County-based Tower Health and Drexel University have emerged as the winning bidders in an auction of St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia.Read More »
- Final suspect arrested in shooting death of Pottstown man
- Crews battle house fire in Perkasie
- Tower Health, Drexel make joint bid for children's hospital
- DonutNV in Pottstown gives back to the community
- Jury selection underway in trial of Sean Kratz, accused in Bucks slayings
- Coroner: Boyertown grad died of injuries suffered in fall
- Updated Tower Health, Drexel win bid to acquire children's hospital
- Coroner identifies 2 men killed in Monroe County plane crash
- Updated Officers arrest 18 in operation involving helicopter in Allentown
- Allentown police to provide update on 'preplanned, proactive operation'
- Updated Reward increased to $30K in case of missing 5-year-old NJ girl
- Updated With taxes paid, county calls off sale of Bieber property
- Updated Lehigh Tunnel to have single-lane patterns at night for 4 days next week
- Updated ESU student from Bethlehem honored for performing Heimlich Maneuver on park services employee
- Gathering in Reading part of global focus on climate change
- Man, 27, dies after car hits 3 trees