NEW HANOVER TWP., Pa. - One person was taken to the hospital after a "domestic related" shooting in Montgomery County Friday.
Police were dispatched to the 400 block of Moyer Road in the Pottstown section of New Hanover Township for the report of a shooting, police chief Kevin McKeon said.
Officers arrived on scene and determined the incident to be domestic related.
A person was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound. The person is in stable condition.
The incident remains under investigaton.
"Looked outside, saw ambulances, police cars," neighbor John Zimmerman said.
"Kind of been keeping an eye out the window seeing what's going on," another neighbor, James Graver, said.
Police said this shooting was "domestic related." Initial reports said an intruder had been shot by a homeowner.
"Saw them bring a gentleman out in a gurney, they loaded him up in an ambulance," Zimmerman said.
Neighbors said they're shocked something like this would happen on their quiet street.
At this point, many are just hoping the family is alright.
"I know she works hard, has two little kids, so hope everybody is okay, kids are okay," Zimmerman said.
"Hope everybody's okay," Graver said, "…especially that family, hope they're alright."
- Bucks man sentenced for stabbing fellow inmate
- QCSD considers policy allowing homeschoolers to enroll in tech school
- Gov. Wolf says state is working to address toxic chemicals in drinking water
- Witnesses recalled plane was low, wings tipping before crash that killed 3 in Montgomery County
- Pa.man files $95 million lawsuit against Montgomery County-based Tree Expert Company
- Pottstown Borough Council, neighbors discuss future of Ricketts Center
- Volunteers come to rescue of old Allentown cemetery
- Truck and SUV collide in Lehigh Township
- Multiple-vehicle crash in Upper Macungie sends eight to hospital
- Fire breaks out at a Texas Roadhouse in Berks County
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Robesonia
- Water main break leads to boil water advisory in Birdsboro
- 10-year-old struck by bullet at Coca Cola Park honored by Allentown Police
- Man charged in hazing death gets 2 years probation
- Shooting in Reading sends one man to hospital
- Community cleans up Allentown elementary school ahead of new school year