DOWNINGTOWN BOROUGH, Pa. - A woman in Chester County has been accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a former student while she was a school resource officer.
Stefanie Dunn, 44, was charged with corruption of minors, according to the Chester County District Attorney's' Office.
The former Downingtown Borough police officer had served as a school resource officer at Downingtown West High School, the AG's office said.
The victim was a former student at the high school, authorities said. The boy attended the high school until June 2018. He then transferred to Career Corp. in Exton, where he graduated.
The Upper Uwchlan Police Department found Dunn in the back of a parked vehicle in a secluded area with a 17-year-old boy on May 4, 2019, authorities said.
Further investigation revealed an ongoing relationship with Dunn and the boy.
The boy said Dunn would pick him up in her car, and they would drive to secluded areas where they would have a physical relationship.
A forensic search of the boy's phone revealed several photographs of Dunn, authorities said. Authorities said they found over 6,000 text messages between Dunn and the boy dating back to May 2018.
Dun was arrested on Tuesday. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for September 11.
The Downingtown Area School District issued a statement on the investigation:
Downingtown Area School District strongly condemns the actions necessitating the officer's dismissal and applaud the police for their quick action in this matter. Upon notification by the police about the impending investigation, the School Resource Officer (SRO) was immediately removed from her placement in the district. Anytime there is a threat to a young person, it is deeply upsetting. As a district, we continually strive to ensure the safety and protection of our school community.
- Tower Health, Drexel win bid to acquire children's hospital
- Final suspect arrested in shooting death of Pottstown man
- Crews battle house fire in Perkasie
- Tower Health, Drexel make joint bid for children's hospital
- DonutNV in Pottstown gives back to the community
- People sound off after photo shows small plane flying under bridge in Bucks County
- Residents evacuated after three-alarm fire at Lehigh County nursing home
- Easton celebrates the arts with annual riverside festival
- Feeling like mid-summer over the next couple of days with a hint of humidity in the air
- Parade celebrates Hope Township's 250th anniversary
- Updated 'Road Survival Course' helps young drivers prepare for hazards
- Berks DA: Reading altercation ends in 'senseless' deadly stabbing
- Updated Possible bullet strikes woman's window at gas station
- Lower Alsace houses new fire truck, rough terrain vehicle
- PHOTOS: Lower Alsace Fire Company truck housing ceremony
- Allentown Police mourn loss of K-9 officer Harley