Creamy Roasted Cauliflower & White Bean Soup
1 Large Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
1 can of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
1 Small White Onion
2 Medium Carrots, chopped
3-4 cloves of Garlic, diced
1 ½ t of Dried Basil
1 t of Thyme
2 T of Olive Oil Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat and roast the cauliflower florets at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and soft. Set aside to cool.
2. Saute the onions in a large pot until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the florets, carrots, white beans, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook until the carrots are soft.
3. Transfer to a heatproof blender (or use a hand blender) and blend until soup is smooth.
4. Serve with a crusty roll for dipping!
Slow Cooker Spicy Butternut Squash & Kale Soup
1 Large Butternut Squash, cubed
6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2 t Ground Cumin
1 ½ t Paprika
1 ½ t Red Pepper Flakes
1 t Dried Rosemary
1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
4 C Vegetable or Chicken Broth
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 t Kosher Salt
1 t Ground Black Pepper
3 C Kale, torn into bite-size pieces
1. Add all ingredients, minus the kale, to a slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low, or until the onions are translucent and butternut squash is cooked through.
3. Stir in the kale. Cook for an additional 10 minutes until the kale is wilted.
4. Serve over rice or quinoa for added heartiness. Enjoy
For more recipes from Clean Junk Food, visit cleanjunkfood.com