HUNTERDON CO., N.J. - A Far Hills man has been indicted on sexual assault charges.
Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns announced the indictment of Steven B. Mell, 52, of Far Hills, New Jersey for three counts of sexual assault and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
According to Prosecutor Kearns, Mell "committed three acts of sexual penetration with a victim less than 16 years old" in Readington Township and Bedminster Township in Somerset County around July 21, 2017.
Mell is scheduled for his Post Indictment Arraignment on Aug. 27.
New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed legislation that will help keep drunk drivers off the roads.Read More »
- Phillipsburg mayor: Council should reveal identity of donor for project to relocate police dept.
- Report: New Jersey dead last in road conditions, performance
- NJ Dept. of Health Receives $450,000 grant to support review of maternal mortality deaths
- Phillipsburg considering rent control ordinance
- Youth center helps nearly 200 Phillipsburg students get back to school supplies
- Hackettstown police: McDonald's customer paid with dollar bill that had been lit on fire
- Truck and SUV collide in Lehigh Township
- Multiple-vehicle crash in Upper Macungie sends eight to hospital
- Fire breaks out at a Texas Roadhouse in Berks County
- Water main break leads to boil water advisory in Birdsboro
- 10-year-old struck by bullet at Coca Cola Park honored by Allentown Police
- Man charged in hazing death gets 2 years probation
- Shooting in Reading sends one man to hospital
- Community cleans up Allentown elementary school ahead of new school year
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Robesonia
- Teen, 14, critical after being shot at schoolyard