A man was arrested Friday after police say he drove drunk to police headquarters to pick up a woman who had been charged with driving while intoxicated.
An officer did a traffic stop with a vehicle on Route 46 for a moving violation. The officer detected the smell of alcohol while talking to the driver, Morgan Doran, 21.
Doran was charged with driving while intoxicated, among other charges.
Morgan then contacted Sebastian Rehm, 24, to come pick her up from the police station. An officer who spoke with Rehm smelled alcohol coming from him.
Rehm was charged with DWI and reckless driving.
Both were released to a sober driver pending a court appearance.
- Phillipsburg marijuana dispensary approved by planning board
- NJ governor creates panel to probe vaping health concerns
- Hunterdon County remembers 16 residents killed on 9/11
- Centenary University students in NJ pledge to do community service in honor of 9/11 victims
- Expert: Those exposed during 9/11 cleanup more likely to develop cancers, respiratory diseases
- Federal appeals court: PennEast Pipeline can't use eminent domain to seize NJ properties
- Updated Allentown police arrest man allegedly in possession of stolen gun
- Updated New Jersey man arrested in Lehigh County with potentially deadly drugs
- Updated The beat goes on at Lehigh Valley Heart Walk
- Updated Missing Allentown boy with autism found by his former teacher
- Updated Fiddle fans pack Lyon's community park for a day filled with music
- Updated Six-vehicle crash ties up traffic on the turnpike
- Updated 'All Aboard!': Colebrookdale Railroad celebrates 150 years
- Health officials say York County measles case may have exposed residents
- Lopatcong Emergency Squad to disband
- Dirt bike rider sought for driving erratically in Hazleton, motorcycle confiscated