READINGTON TWP., N.J. - A Hunterdon County, New Jersey man is accused of sexually assaulting three juveniles over the course of several years.
Darren Pieper, 44, is charged with three counts each of sex assault of a minor and endangering the welfare of a child via sexual conduct, according to the Hunterdon County prosecutor's office.
The assaults occurred on various dates between 2011 and 2015 in Readington and Raritan townships, officials said.
"This is an ongoing investigation involving multiple law enforcement agencies," the prosecutor's office said in a news release.
This is the third time Pieper, of Readington Township, is facing charges in the past few months.
On May 13, police found a runaway juvenile from Virginia staying at Pieper's home. The juvenile had been missing since Oct. 2018 and was found hiding on Pieper's property, Readington police said at the time.
Pieper and his wife, Tracy, provided false information and obstructed officers' attempts to locate the juvenile, police said. Both were charged.
That investigation led detectives to "storage devices containing child pornography files," police said. Pieper was charged in June with possession of child pornography, police said.
Anyone with relevant information about Pieper should contact the Special Victims Unit at 908-788-1129. Anonymous reports can be made by contacting the county Crime Stoppers at 800-321-0010.
- Phillipsburg marijuana dispensary approved by planning board
- NJ governor creates panel to probe vaping health concerns
- Hunterdon County remembers 16 residents killed on 9/11
- Centenary University students in NJ pledge to do community service in honor of 9/11 victims
- Expert: Those exposed during 9/11 cleanup more likely to develop cancers, respiratory diseases
- Federal appeals court: PennEast Pipeline can't use eminent domain to seize NJ properties
- Police: Man shot, killed wife during argument in Palmer home
- Reading police respond after reported shooting sends person to hospital
- Keurig Dr. Pepper to take over former Kraft Heinz site in Upper Macungie
- Coroner: Boyertown grad died of injuries suffered in fall
- Pedestrian struck after 3-car crash in Fountain Hill
- Woman accused of cashing $20K in fraudulent checks
- Lehigh University: Investigation finds no evidence of misconduct by university doctor with students
- Traffic study stalls proposed South Whitehall development
- Efforts to preserve Epler School continue at community meeting
- Boyertown grad dies from fall near Bloomsburg University