HUNTERDON COUNTY, N.J. - A New Jersey man has been sentenced after pleading guilty to having sex with an underage girl.
Steven Mell, 52, of Far Hills, was sentenced to three years in state prison. He will also be subjected to the provisions of Megan's Law and will remain under parole supervision for life.
Mell was arrested in June 2018 after an investigation found he had engaged in sexual relations with a girl under the age of 16 in Readington and Bedminster Townships.
Mell pleaded guilty to third-degree endangering the welfare of a child via sexual conduct in May 2019.
His sentence will run concurrent to a seven-year federal sentence for crimes against the same victim.
Lebanon Township police officers were sent to a crash shortly before 8 p.m. on Route 513 in the area of Bunnvale Road involving a passenger vehicle and pedestrian.Read More »
- NJ police seek man wanted for assault on law enforcement
- Amber alert issued for missing 5-year-old girl in New Jersey
- Flemington man pleads guilty in sex assault of a child
- Lopatcong Emergency Squad to disband
- Phillipsburg marijuana dispensary approved by planning board
- NJ governor creates panel to probe vaping health concerns
- Updated Set for tax sale, Reading rowhome, others damaged by fire
- Allentown police to provide update on 'preplanned, proactive operation'
- Catasauqua teacher accused of sexually assaulting teen
- Updated Coroner identifies 2 men killed in Monroe County plane crash
- Updated Final suspect arrested in shooting death of Pottstown man
- Pennsylvania jobless rate stable as payrolls see new record
- Man accused in break-in allegedly points gun at woman, makes threats
- Man who had large amounts of cocaine, fentanyl pleads guilty
- Lower Macungie's finances come out clean in audit report
- Sludge plant plans withdrawn in Plainfield Township