PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - The Warren County Prosecutor has cleared Phillipsburg Mayor Stephen Ellis, but he's not completely off the hook.
The Warren County Prosecutor's office decided not to press charges and closed its investigation.
Ellis was accused of harassment and disorderly conduct stemming from an incident with a resident. She claimed he threatened her and called her slurs after a disagreement over a community garden.
The case is still pending in municipal court.
Attorneys from both sides will be in court on July 23 to discuss how to proceed.
A $30,000 reward is now being offered for information about 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez.Read More »
- 10-year-old in critical condition after crash in Hunterdon County
- Amber alert issued for missing 5-year-old girl in New Jersey
- Phillipsburg Town Council advances rent control ordinance
- Flemington man pleads guilty in sex assault of a child
- Lopatcong Emergency Squad to disband
- Phillipsburg marijuana dispensary approved by planning board
- Officers arrest 18 in operation involving helicopter in Allentown
- Reading man charged with arson in connection with fire that damaged homes
- Exhibit featuring costumes worn by movie legends to open in Allentown Art Museum
- Fall Fest expanding, along with West Reading business community
- Police: Man involved in hit-and-run, flees scene after confronting other driver
- Tower Health, Drexel win bid to acquire children's hospital
- People rally in Bethlehem and Allentown as part of worldwide climate change protests
- 12th annual Boyertown Oktoberfest celebration underway
- Coroner identifies 2 men killed in Monroe County plane crash
- International Parking Day celebrated with food drive in Allentown