Terms of Service for wfmz.com
Updated: April 12, 2021
WFMZ.com is a service of Maranatha Broadcasting, Co., Inc
This Site is not intended for use by persons located within the European Economic Area (EEA). We do not request or accept personal information concerning or supplied by persons who are located within the EEA at the time they access this Site. If you have accessed this Site from within the EEA, you should immediately discontinue your use
Comments, suggestions, ideas, or materials (including without limitation original or creative materials) sent or transmitted to Maranatha Broadcasting, Co., Inc (MBC, Inc.) via email, website, or other means will be deemed to be non-confidential and you grant Maranatha Broadcasting Co., Inc. unlimited rights to broadcast, publish, and distribute your submission via any of Maranatha's distribution platforms (television, internet, mobile, social media, etc.), and you forever waive your right to revoke these rights granted to Maranatha Broadcasting.
You may use this website and content for personal, non-commercial use.
No right, title or interest in any copied or downloaded content is transferred to you as a result of your access to or use of any part of this website. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of MBC, Inc. and the copyright owner. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
Any copyright owner or person acting for a copyright owner believes that this site includes a work that is an infringement of copyright should file a takedown notice with our designated agent. Instructions for filing a takedown notice can be found here. Users who repeatedly post material which infringes someone's copyright will lose their right to post comments on this site.
Some photographs and images on this site are provided through an agreement with Getty Images. By using this site you agree that you are prohibited from downloading, republishing, retransmitting, reproducing, or otherwise using any Getty Licensed Materials.
Accessing this site with a cell phone, PDA, or other mobile device while driving may increase your risk of distraction, and may be against the law. This site is not designed to be used while driving or performing other tasks which require undivided attention. For your well being and the well being of those around you, you should always use your wireless phone responsibly while driving. This recommendation and reminder is not only sensible, it may be mandatory in your area.
As a condition for use of this site you may not:
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
This site includes interactive features such as email services and comment forums. The responsibility for what is posted in these areas lies with the user, not with WFMZ-TV. We do not control the information that you or others may provide through this site.
You understand that we have the right but not the obligation to monitor any bulletin boards, chat rooms, web logs, social media platforms, or other areas of the this site or related social media platforms through which users can supply information or material. However, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information we believe necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request. We also reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms of Service. This may include content which may contain ethnic or racial slurs, profanity, personal insults, spam, or material that is harassing, defamatory, fraudulent, discriminatory under federal, state, or local law, or sexually explicit material. We also reserve the right to deny access to this site or any features of this site to anyone who violates these Terms of Service or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website, infringes the rights of others, or otherwise posts material which may which fail to meet community standards applicable to all age groups. For issues relating to posts/posting or other social media concerns please contact our Digital Operations Department.
The materials appearing on this web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. MBC, Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. MBC, Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. MBC, Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ADDITIONAL TERMS OF USAGE FOR TRAFFIC INFORMATION
This information is for personal and individual use only. No commercial use is permitted and this material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Unauthorized use of this information will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. You may not reproduce, perform, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way whatsoever any images from this site (whether provided by this web server or a supporting web server) without the prior written permission of the Company.
The traffic camera images on this site are provided through a cooperative effort between WFMZ-TV and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. Other images may be provided solely by WFMZ-TV. All traffic information on this web site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title and implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Maranatha Broadcasting Company, Inc. shall not be responsible for damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, inaccuracy, completeness, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of this site.
Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the site. Maranatha Broadcasting Company, Inc. shall not be responsible for errors, delays, interruptions or omissions in the information or software or other documents, which are part of, referenced by or linked to this web site.